Today was our monthly prenatal appointment at our regular OB's office and everything is great! Since Jesse missed the last ultrasound I requested to have one at this appointment. Molly was moving all around and was hiding her face from us so our OB didn't think we would get a full facial view, but she finally cooperated and decided to turn, look straight into the probe, and then she pushed her face up and scared us. It was very interesting. We were able to confirm again that we are having a girl, which is nice because Molly sure would be a strange boy name. :) We were able to see her heart beating, her chest, her spine, her legs, her feet, and the underneath of her bottom. We were also able to see that her bladder was full, which means that her kidneys are producing urine. Awesome! I told the OB that I feel lots of jabs really low and hard pushing to the right of my navel. Come to find out, Molly is sitting very low and her head is down low and all the jabs I feel are her hands/arms and the hard pushing I feel is her butt pushing up and out as she stretches. I laughed because I thought it was her butt I keep pushing on so I said that she is going to be born with a flat butt (aka a Long family butt). :) The OB said everything looked great on the ultrasound so that is very encouraging.
Our next appointment will be with the MFM specialist on February 8th. I'm looking forward to that appointment to see what our plan will be for the next couple of months. So far my doctors have been taking a normal approach to this pregnancy, but I am anticipating things will start to ramp up with more frequent visits soon.
My glucose test is scheduled for February 11th at my regular OB's office. This test is required to make sure I don't have gestational diabetes. I'm hoping this pregnancy I pass the test on the first try so I don't have to go back for the 3 hour test. Since this appointment is scheduled for about 3 1/2 weeks from now my OB decided to make it my next monthly prenatal appointment too. My OB said that after my February 11th prenatal appointment I will start coming every 2 weeks. Woohoo, more Molly time!

I'm looking forward to seeing Molly do her stuff. Can't wait to feel and see her move. Excited about spending some time with you next week.
ReplyDelete